BREAKING: Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for couple wanted for murder of Police Constable 

Thakurdial Samaroo and Naqeeba Zahid Zafarali, the couple wanted in relation to the murder of policeman, Quincy Lewis.

The development came days after the Guyana Police Force (GPF) issued wanted bulletins for the couple.

According to the Interpol website, a Red Notice is a request to law enforcement worldwide to locate and provisionally arrest a person pending extradition, surrender, or similar legal action.

The News Room was reliably informed that the couple is hiding out in the United States of America (USA).

After hours of searching, Lewis’ skeletal remains were discovered on April 19 at Madewini Sandpit area, on the Soesdyke/Linden Highway. A warhead was also recovered, confirming reports that he was shot to death.

The notices on the Interpol website

The Cold Case Unit and ranks of the Major Crimes Unit made a breakthrough in the investigation following the arrest of two men, Shafeek Vernon called “Profit”, 25 of Lot 1 Ogle, East Coast Demerara and Jamel Van Lewis, 35 of Lot 29 Durban Street. Vernon and Lewis were charged on Monday and remanded to prison for the crime.

They were charged jointly with Samaroo and Zafarali.

When the matter was called, the Magistrate issued arrest warrants for the couple.

While in custody, Vernon and Lewis told detectives that the Police Constable was shot by Samaroo for having an affair with Zafarali.

Sources told the News Room that Lewis was bound and gagged by his killer/s before he was buried in a shallow grave and six plastic straps were found on the body. It also appeared as though his head was placed in a plastic bag.

Police last Friday disclosed that they are pursuing a known character who allegedly took possession of the car he was driving after he was shot and killed.

The car, PTT 7541, belonged to a friend of Lewis and his family only knew he was missing four days after when the friend showed up to collect the car.

Lewis was attached to the Agricola Police Station on the East Bank of Demerara and left his home on June 19, 2020, for work but he never showed up.