A School Examination Committee (SEC) Meeting was also held. This focused on regulations concerning the conduct of examinations, issues related to the development of the syllabi, concerns raised by examiners in their reports about the 2023 examination, and any proposals from management about changes to procedures or protocols that governs the examination.
Also on Wednesday, the awardees paid a courtesy call to the President of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana, His Excellency Dr. Mohamed Irfaan Ali and the Honourable Minister of Education, Priya Manickchand at the Office of the President.
The awardees also paid a visit to the recently commissioned Good Hope Secondary School where they had a tour of the institution and interacted with some of the students.
The students being honoured for their outstanding performance are:
- Alex Muntaz, Guyana Anna Regina Secondary School CSEC – Overall Outstanding Achievement, Most Outstanding in Technical/Vocational
- Siddiq Gafar, Guyana I.S.A Islamic School CSEC – Most Outstanding in Business
- Meira Wohl, Jamaica Campion College CSEC – Best Short Story
- Kayla Wright, Jamaica Campion College CSEC – Most Outstanding in Principles of Accounts (ACCA Award)
- Celando Matchevelli, Jamaica Manchester High School CSEC – Most Outstanding in Visual Arts- Two Dimensional
- Deanna Beepath, Trinidad & Tobago Rio Claro West Secondary School CSEC – Most Outstanding in Visual Arts- Three Dimensional
- Naila Rahaman, Guyana Queen’s College CSEC – Most Outstanding in Humanities
- Abigail Stephanas, Guyana Queen’s College CSEC – Most Outstanding in Sciences
- Naresh Jagnanan, Guyana Queen’s College CAPE – Overall Outstanding Achievement, Most Outstanding in Business Studies (ACCA Award)
- Matthew Dunn Jamaica York Castle High School CSEC, Most Outstanding in History
- Darius Payne Trinidad & Tobago Naparima College CAPE – Most Outstanding in Natural Sciences
- Rishi Rakesh Pokhriyal St. Maarten Methodist Agogic Centre Comprehensive Secondary Education CCSLC – Top Male Performer